Monday, September 28, 2009

Ed Sanders CX

I had a blast this weekend at Ed Sanders. After lots of rain the course was super muddy and pretty tough. I'd never done a muddy course before so it was a learning experience. Raced the first lap pretty hard then dropped back for the next couple laps. On the last lap I felt my legs still had something in them so I started making some moves and gained a few spots. I lost a sprint finish to place 40th out of 90 starters. Top 50%, I'm satisfied. Last weekend I finished bottom 50, so any improvement is good. I still have some things I need to work on but I'm feeling pretty good about this cross thing. EC finished 21st in the C race. Congrats, maybe some race this year I'll give you a run for your money. CC did alright in the B race with a tough field on a rough course. Cheering on CC while eating waffles and drinking free beer was the highlight of my weekend....except for when I wrecked in the mud, that was pretty cool too. Getting pumped for Kelly Acres next weekend, maybe I can get off my ass this week and do some skills training...

1 comment:

  1. EVIL!

    PURE EVIL!

    I guess that is why they call him Evil Steve!

    ReplyDelete